Sunday Announcements

Sunday Announcements

Admin

SGMS

Good evening Shady Grove Middle School. This is Dr. Murray with your weekly announcements. I want to thank Ms. Rowell for leading our students in an amazing “Reinvent the Future” presentation yesterday. Our partnership with the KID Museum is a critical part of our instructional program.

As we entered into the fourth quarter, we received feedback from the community there was so confusing about grading practices. In the email version of this message the Academic team has provided Grading Clarification for the community.

We will be holding a SGMS Virtual Town Hall this Thursday from 7-8 pm. Later in the week we will be sending out information on how to access the meeting. We would like feedback from the community on this important piece in the email version of this message please click on the link: SGMS Virtual Town Hall to provide feedback for the Academic Team.

Finally, we will be holding a Virtual Spirit Week.  Thank you in advance to Ms. Schultz and the SGA for organizing this event.

Monday-Pajama Day

Tuesday-Outside Learning Day

Wednesday-Bring your Pet or Stuffed Animal Day

Thursday-Hat Day

Friday-Crazy Hair Day

Please find the SGMS Continuity of Learning Guide for the Week of 5.11.20 here. There are additional announcements in the email version of this message.

Additional Announcements

• Please find the SGMS Continuity of Learning Guide for the Week of 5.11.20 
  • Please find the VIDEO Messages (Spanish) explaining how to use the Continuity of Learning Guide.
  • Updates on Grading Policies
  • The trip to Hershey Park has been canceled. Please find information in the email version of this message for a Hershey Park Refund.
  • “SGMS invites you to participate in our 1st ever Virtual Multicultural Celebration. We would love for you to share your culture and our school community. You may show off your cultural attire, perform a song or dance, create a display or photo collage, or participate in our virtual food competition, all submissions are due by Monday May 18th. For more details on how to sign up to participate, please view the presentation slides in the email version of this message or you may contact Mrs. Raquel Quiroz at [email protected]”.  Please read information about Virtual Multicultural Celebration. Here is the Spanish version of the same document: Spanish Version Multicultural Celebration.
  • Yearbook wants your photos! Share a pic (school appropriate) of what you’ve been doing to make the best of our quarantine time. Let’s see what everyone has been up to! Please submit your photo to [email protected] by May 1, 2020. If you would like to purchase a yearbook please use this link: YEARBOOK Purchase. The deadline for a Yearbook purchase is May 27, 2020.
  • Zoom Office Hours has shifted to a “Live Check in.” 
  • Regular live check-in times (previously referred to as “office hours”) should be scheduled to engage students for additional instruction, re-teaching and support through web conferences, email or other digital platforms.

MCPS Announcements

Coronavirus (English and Spanish)

Parents/guardians can stay up-to-date and find information on the coronavirus and the school system’s efforts on the MCPS website at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/

Coronavirus

Los padres/guardianes pueden mantenerse actualizados y encontrar información sobre el coronavirus y los esfuerzos efectuados por el sistema escolar, visitando el sitio web de MCPSwww.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/
Community Updates: April 17, 2020

Logging into Google Classroom and MyMPS Resources.

Middle and High School

Magruder High School Class Video