SGMS Spelling Bee

SGMS Spelling Bee

Jenny Nguyen, Journalist

THIS YEAR, our school will be starting a Spelling Bee Club. Students at SGMS of all grade-levels were given information about the Spelling Bee Club in their CT (connect time) classes. The information was given in the form of a packet, which also contains the many words students are expected to study to qualify for the club. The spelling words differ for each grade, based of their grade level, and they have exactly one week to study for the spelling test, which is on Monday, December 12, 2016. And that’s only a week left to study!

Spelling Bee Club Agenda

Here is the timeline for what’s going to happen!

Monday, December 5th, 2016: CT teachers of any grade will inform the students about the Spelling Bee Club, as well as handing them the packets that contain the spelling words. The spelling packet includes a little message at the bottom explaining what’s for, and a list of 50 Great American SpellCheck study words.

Monday, December 12th, 2016: This is when the one-week study period is up! The Ct teachers will conduct the spelling tests during all grade level lunches, which 6th grade is test-taking in Room D228, 7th is test-taking in Room E205, and 8th grade is test-taking in Room E105. Lunch passes will be provided in their English-Reading classes to take the test, and if students miss the date, then the make-up test is on Tuesday, December 13th, 2016. The room numbers mentioned previously are also the same, so students are free to go to the same room to take the test.

Wednesday, December 14th, 2016: The English teachers will send the participants the graded spelling test. Those who possess the top scores will be given an invitation to join the Spelling Club, which is also held every Thursday.

Thursday, December 15th, 2016: The final day of the timeline where the Spelling Bee Club will officially start! It’s held every Thursday after school, 3:15 – 4:15 PM. Snacks will be included along with activity buses for transportation.

So what’re you doing? Hurry up and study! You only have a week left, and if you do get it, remember to come every Thursday after school!

If you have any more confusion regarding the Spelling Bee Club, contact Mrs. Kristie Roche for confirmation.